If you are upgrading from 5.x, version 6.x has a new storage format for headers. You have to manually invoke the conversion if you want to bring your 5.x headers into V6. Conversion from earlier versions is not supported. A new spool folder, SPOOL_V6 will be created for storing headers. To invoke the conversion, select a group or a bunch of groups in the Groups tab, right-click and select Post Storage, then choose "Import Version 5.XX Headers". A progress screen will pop up and you'll have to wait for it to finish before continuing.
The documentation is divided into the following documents:
- Version 6 Beta Notes - Notes about certain aspects of Version 6 Beta
- New to Usenet - Good reading for those new to both Usenet and Newsbin.
- Installation Guide - Running the installer; configuring your news server; selecting newsgroups; and other initial setup steps.
- Running NewsBin for the First Time - Walk through of basic first time use.
- User Guide - General guide to using Newsbin. This is the document that will be of most use to new users.
- Tutorials - Animated tutorials showing basic setup and usage of NewsBin (work in progress)
- Reference Guide - Detailed reference information on each option available in NewsBin. This is the place to look if you want to know the meaning of specific options within Newsbin.
- Troubleshooting FAQ - Addresses the most common problems with NewsBin you may be facing.
- Shortcuts - Consolidated list of keyboard shortcuts that activate certain Newsbin version 6 functions.
- Newsbin Remote - Remote Control of Newsbin
- Glossary - Glossary of terms. Includes Usenet and NewsBin specific terminology.